***THE APPLICATION IS NOT OUT YET****
US Citizenship and Immigration Services have released new and more detailed guidelines about the deferred action process. Application fee will be $465 . Application is set to be avaliable August 15th. Keep informed! Good luck y’all.
Some info I heard while on the DHS conference call:
- driving without a license will not disqualify you.
- You will need to prove financial hardship for fee exemption BEFORE you apply.
- Forms are free of charge. DO NOT pay anyone to get you the USCIS forms.
- Applicants granted GED certificates after June 15, 2012 meet the requirements.
- Applicants that are in detention centers already can apply for deferred action through ICE not USCIS